HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Check static pressure at fan discharge
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Static pressure at fan discharge must be accurately measured as recommended in recognized publications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify that equipment is operating at rated capacity.
- Determine specified location for measurement and select measuring device.
- Prepare opening in plenum or duct and insert static pressure probe.
- Take and record static pressure reading.
- Seal opening in plenum or duct.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.