HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Align belt sheaves
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Belt sheaves must be aligned in horizontal and vertical planes. Belt must pull true. All safety guards must be replaced. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Loosen and adjust equipment mountings to make shafts parallel.
- Move sheaves on shafts to bring belt groove into alignment; secure to shafts.
- Adjust belt tension, recheck alignment and make further adjustments if required.
- Test run equipment and turn off.
- Replace access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.