HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Check motor current (amps)
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Motor current must be measured using ammeter. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Remove access cover(s) and safety guard(s). (Note: Disconnect electrical power and reconnect as required for safety reasons during testing).
- Locate motor to be tested and determine manufacturer’s nameplate current rating.
- Select ammeter, set up and connect according to manufacturer’s manual. (Note: Replace cover(s) before taking readings).
- Start motor, take reading and record.
- Stop motor and disconnect test equipment.
- Reconnect all wiring.
- Replace access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.