HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Check motor speed on multi-speed motor
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Motor speed must be checked at all control settings using a tachometer. Tachometer must be used according to manufacturer’s instructions. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Locate motor to be tested and speed control.
- Set up tachometer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Remove access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Start motor, operate and measure speed at all speed control settings and record.
- Stop equipment and replace access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.