HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Bearings must be lubricated at designated service intervals with recommended lubricant according to manufacturer’s specifications. Bearing seals must not be damaged during lubricant applications. Safety guard(s) must be replaced. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of lubricant required and location of bearings to be lubricated.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Turn equipment off and remove access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Apply recommended quantity and type of lubricant. (Note: Remove excess (relief) plugs, add grease and replace plugs on grease-lubricated bearings).
- Wipe off excess lubricant.
- Reinstall access cover(s) and safety guard(s), turn on equipment and check operation.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.