HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust gas pressure
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Gas pressure must be set according to manufacturer’s specifications. Regulator must provide specified pressure to gas valve. Applicable safety procedures must be followed
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine manufacturer’s requirements for gas pressure.
- Determine if regulator adjustment is responsibility of gas company or owner.
- Proceed with adjustment of gas pressure if regulator is responsibility of owner.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Attach manometer to test port and read gas pressure.
- Adjust regulator according to manufacturer’s specified pressure.
- Remove manometer and test system for leaks.
- Fire furnace and check operation.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.