HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust burner air on gas furnace
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Primary air must be adjusted to provide desired air fuel ratio for ignition and combustion. Burner must ignite on command and furnace must operate within manufacturer’s specifications for products of combustion and flue-gas temperature. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine requirements for flame adjustment, primary air adjustment and combustion efficiency.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Turn on furnace and regulate primary air to provide manufacturer’s specified flame characteristics.
- Set up analyzing equipment.
- Adjust overfire draft and perform combustion analysis.
- Repeat adjustment and analysis procedure until furnace performs to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Leave furnace in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.