HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust pilot flame
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Pilot flame must be adjusted according to manufacturer’s specifications. Flame must have manufacturer’s specified characteristics and must be directed so that main burner ignition will occur. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine required flame characteristics and position.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify that pilot burner is correctly positioned in relation to main burner.
- Light pilot and set flame according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Fire furnace and verify ignition of main burners.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.