HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust furnace draft
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Furnace draft must be adjusted to manufacturer’s specifications. There must be required amount of air movement into furnace for efficient combustion without excessive heat loss to flue. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine specified draft for furnace and flue and specified locations for measurement.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Start furnace and allow it to reach operating temperature.
- Take draft measurements according to specifications at designated locations.
- Adjust draft damper to provide desired draft.
- Leave furnace in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.