HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Test flame-proving and safety control
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Flame-proving circuit must be tested according to manufacturer’s procedures. Flame-proving device must interrupt flow of fuel to furnace as specified in event of pilot or ignition failure. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of furnace, type of flame-proving device, type of safety control and manufacturer’s recommended test procedure.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Select electrical test equipment and connect according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Operate system and follow manufacturer’s recommended test procedure.
- Disconnect test equipment.
- Leave system in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.