HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Explain maintenance requirements to user
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
User must be instructed in maintenance requirements and maintenance techniques. Information must be provided as to limitations imposed by manufacturer on user-performed maintenance. Instructions must be provided regarding manufacturer’s recommended safety procedures.
- Review owner’s maintenance manual with user.
- Explain required maintenance intervals and special techniques.
- Answer questions.
- Explain requirements for maintenance and testing of controls and safety devices.
- Explain how to determine filter condition; explain filter replacement procedures.
- Note common problem areas, such as condenser drain trap that require frequent inspection.
- Demonstrate key procedures and give special attention to safe maintenance practices.
- Allow time for user to ask questions; provide information as needed.