HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Determine needed system maintenance and repairs
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
System requirements for maintenance and repairs must be determined according to manufacturer’s specifications. Equipment must be thoroughly inspected and condition of components must be determined and documented. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Review performance of system with user.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Operate system, if possible, and follow manufacturer’s recommended check-out procedures including, but not limited to, the following:
- Measure critical temperatures.
- Measure refrigerant pressures.
- Check fan speed and belts, pulleys and other components that affect airflow and static pressures.
- Check filter and coil pressure drops.
- Check operation of electrical components.
- Measure fuel pressure.
- Perform combustion analysis.
- Check calibration of control devices.
- Check operation of safety devices.
- Check condition of bearings and drive belts and determine if lubrication and adjustments are required.
- Check system for dust or other build-up in motors, fans, plenums, coils, duct and registers.
- Record findings and note discrepancies from normal operating conditions.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leave work site clean.