HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Humidifier must be cleaned according to manufacturer’s specifications. All humidifier components must be clean and free of sediment and mineral buildup. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to humidifier.
- Disconnect electrical wiring and water supply.
- Disassemble humidifier as required.
- Clean humidifier.
- Remove all sediment and mineral buildup from water chamber and other components.
- Clean parts following manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Rinse equipment.
- Reassemble and reinstall humidifier.
- Connect electrical wiring and water supply.
- Reconnect power.
- Test humidifier operation.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean