HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace fan bearing
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Fan bearing must be replaced according to manufacturer’s specifications. Fan shaft must be aligned as specified and fan drive reinstalled. Equipment must operate smoothly and quietly. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine bearing size and type required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Verify that new bearing is suitable replacement.
- Disassemble fan, remove bearing and inspect shaft for damage.
- Install new bearing on shaft, align shaft and secure bearing to shaft and mounting frame.
- Reinstall drive, align sheaves and adjust belt tension.
- Lubricate bearing.
- Reconnect electrical power.
- Test equipment operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Reinstall access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.