HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
V-belt must be installed and aligned, and tension adjusted according to manufacturer’s specifications. All safety guard(s) must be in place. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine belt size and length required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove safety guard(s).
- Loosen tensioning device and remove old belt.
- Verify that replacement belt is suitable replacement.
- Check sheaves for wear and correct alignment.
- Install belt and adjust tension according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reconnect electrical power.
- Test equipment operation and stop equipment.
- Replace safety guard(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.