HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace V-belt sheave
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
V-belt sheave must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Sheaves must be secure on shaft and must be in alignment with other sheave. Belt tension must be correct and all safety guard(s) must be replaced. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine sheave diameter bore for shaft and belt groove size.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove safety guard(s).
- Remove belt and remove sheave from shaft.
- Verify that new sheave is suitable replacement.
- Install sheave on shaft, align with other sheave and secure in position.
- Reinstall belt and adjust tension.
- Reconnect electrical power.
- Test equipment operation and stop equipment.
- Replace safety guard(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.