HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Clean electrostatic filter element
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Electrostatic filter element must be cleaned according to manufacturer’s specifications. All residue must be removed from filter element and element must be dry before reinstallation. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine cleaning procedure and materials required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate filter element.
- Disconnect electrical power to element.
- Remove and clean element according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Dry element thoroughly and reinstall.
- Reconnect power.
- Verify operation of equipment.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.