HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace fan blade
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Fan blade must be securely installed in correct location on shaft according to manufacturer’s specifications. Fan blade must be correct diameter and blade pitch and must have required number of blades. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine diameter, pitch, number of blades and bore size.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove all safety guard(s).
- Disassemble equipment as required to remove existing fan blade.
- Verify that new blade is suitable replacement.
- Install new blade according to manufacturer’s instructions and reassemble equipment.
- Ensure that drive key is under set screw or set screw is on shaft flat.
- Reconnect electrical power.
- Start fan and check operation.
- Turn fan off.
- Replace safety guard(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.