HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace motor mount
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Motor mount must be replaced according to manufacturer’s specifications. Replacement mount must be physically compatible with equipment and must absorb equipment vibration as designed. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine size, type and load rating of motor mount.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to motor.
- Remove access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Verify that new mount is suitable replacement.
- Disassemble equipment and remove old mount.
- Install new mount and reassemble equipment.
- Reconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Start equipment and check for vibration.
- If excessive vibration occurs, recheck manufacturer’s specifications and select and install suitable replacement mount.
- Stop motor and replace access cover(s) and safety guard(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.