HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace gas regulator
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
The student will replace a gas regulator according to manufacturer’s specifications and codes only if it is the responsibility of the user; not the gas supplier. Regulator must be compatible with equipment. Ensure proper ventilation and applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and codes.
- Determine type of gas, and size, type and capacity of regulator.
- Determine if responsibility for regulator lies with user or with gas supplier. If user’s responsibility, proceed as follows:
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Turn off gas and make provisions for ventilating work area.
- Bleed gas pressure off system.
- Remove old regulator.
- Verify that new regulator is suitable replacement.
- Install new regulator.
- Bleed air and test system for leaks.
- If system leaks, recheck connections and make necessary repairs.
- Adjust gas pressure.
- Fire furnace and check operation of equipment.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.