HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace fuel oil pump
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Oil pump must be replaced according to manufacturer’s specifications. Pump must have required number of stages for application and must deliver oil to burner nozzle at specified pressure and flow. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine number of pump stages required and pump capacity.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Turn off fuel supply to equipment and let furnace cool.
- Disconnect fuel-oil lines.
- Drain oil into drip pan.
- Remove old oil pump from burner.
- Verify that new pump is suitable replacement.
- Install new pump on burner according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure that oil-pump shaft engages pump coupling.
- Replace oil-filter cartridge, reconnect oil lines to pump, turn on fuel and bleed air from lines.
- Turn on power, start pump and adjust nozzle pressure.
- Fire furnace and check operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.