HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace primary fan
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Primary fan must be replaced according to manufacturer’s specifications. Fan must be securely mounted on motor shaft and it must not make contact with burner housing during operation. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine size of fan wheel and bore required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Turn off fuel supply to equipment and let furnace cool.
- Disconnect electrical wiring and remove motor and fan assembly from burner.
- Verify that new fan wheel is suitable replacement.
- Remove old fan wheel and install new fan wheel on motor shaft.
- Reinstall motor and fan wheel assembly on burner.
- Ensure that motor shaft engages oil pump coupling.
- Connect electrical wiring according to specifications.
- Test furnace operation and make primary-air adjustments as needed.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.