HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace fuel cutoff valve
Training for this procedure can be found in these courses:
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Fuel cutoff valve must be installed on fuel tank as required by codes. Valve connections must not leak and valve must provide leak-tight shut-off of fuel to combustion equipment. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order.
- Determine size of valve that is required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to combustion equipment.
- Position auxiliary tank, insert pump into existing tank and pump all oil to auxiliary tank.
- Disconnect oil line from shut-off valve and remove shut-off valve from tank.
- Install new shut-off valve and reconnect oil line.
- Return small amount of oil to old tank.
- Check connections for leaks and check valve for shut-off.
- If connections leak, or if valve leaks through, remove oil from old tank and remake connections or replace valve as required.
- Return oil to old tank, open fuel cutoff valve, bleed air from lines and start combustion equipment.
- Re-inspect work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.