HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace fuel cutoff valve
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Fuel cutoff valve must be installed on fuel tank as required by codes. Valve connections must not leak and valve must provide leak-tight shut-off of fuel to combustion equipment. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order.
- Determine size of valve that is required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to combustion equipment.
- Position auxiliary tank, insert pump into existing tank and pump all oil to auxiliary tank.
- Disconnect oil line from shut-off valve and remove shut-off valve from tank.
- Install new shut-off valve and reconnect oil line.
- Return small amount of oil to old tank.
- Check connections for leaks and check valve for shut-off.
- If connections leak, or if valve leaks through, remove oil from old tank and remake connections or replace valve as required.
- Return oil to old tank, open fuel cutoff valve, bleed air from lines and start combustion equipment.
- Re-inspect work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.