HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace fuel-filter cartridge
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Fuel-filter cartridge must be replaced according to filter manufacturer’s instructions. Filter housing must not leak and cartridge must remove solids from fuel oil without excessive restriction of flow. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order.
- Determine size and type of cartridge required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Turn off furnace and close fuel shut-off valve on tank.
- Open filter and remove cartridge according to filter manufacturer’s instructions.
- Clean dirt and rust from housing.
- Install new cartridge and housing gasket; reassemble.
- Open fuel shut-off valve, bleed air off filter and check filter for leaks.
- If filter housing leaks, tighten housing bolt slightly. If leak still exists, repeat Steps 5 through 9 and replace housing gasket.
- Turn on fuel supply and test furnace operation.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.