HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace water pump seal
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Water pump seal must be replaced according to manufacturer’s specifications. Seal must be correct type and must be adjusted according to manufacturer’s requirements. Seal must not leak or overheat during pump operation. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type and size of seal required and replacement procedure.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment, valve pump off from system and drain.
- Disassemble pump, remove old seal and install new seal according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reassemble pump.
- Valve pump back into system and bleed all air from casing.
- Reconnect electrical power, operate pump and check seal for leaks.
- If pump leaks, follow manufacturer’s instructions for correcting problem.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.