HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Clean furnace and components
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Furnace and components must be cleaned according to manufacturer’s specifications. Equipment must operate as specified at rated capacity. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of furnace and recommended procedures for complete clean-up.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Turn off fuel supply and let furnace cool.
- Disassemble furnace and clean heat exchanger, combustion chamber, burner, flue, vent hood, etc., according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Reassemble furnace and make recommended adjustments.
- Place equipment in operation, check performance and make further adjustments as required.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.