HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install roof curb.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Roof curb must be installed according to job specifications. Roof curb must elevate equipment above roof surface and must provide a waterproof connection through which duct and piping may pass to building interior. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications, codes, roof specifications and warranty.
- Verify that roof curb dimensions are correct for equipment.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine requirements and prepare roof opening.
- Secure roof curb on opening.
- Install flashing and seal to roof.
- Test roof curb for leaks between curb and roof.
- Reseal if leaks occur.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.