HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install self-contained unit: wall mount.
Training for this procedure can be found in these courses:
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Self-contained unit must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Installation must be weatherproof. Unit must operate quietly and must condition space to requirements. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate and prepare wall opening.
- Install mounting frame.
- Position equipment in opening.
- Install vibration isolators.
- Secure equipment according to specifications.
- Install flashing and weatherproof seals.
- Install condensate drain with a trap.
- Make electrical connections.
- Connect control devices.
- Install filters.
- Place equipment in operation following manufacturer’s start-up procedures.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.