HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install self-contained unit: roof mount.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Self-contained unit must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Installation must not leak. Unit must operate quietly and must condition space to requirements. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications, roofing specifications and warranty information.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Prepare roof opening and install roof curb or mounting.
- Install equipment on roof curb or mounting frame.
- Install vibration isolators.
- Secure equipment in place and connect to duct.
- Install condensate drain with trap.
- Make electrical connections.
- Make duct connections.
- Connect control devices.
- Install filters.
- Place equipment in operation following manufacturer’s start-up procedures.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.