HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install self-contained unit: pad mount and through wall.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Self-contained unit must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Wall penetration must not weaken structure. Unit must operate quietly and must condition space to requirements. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Install foundation, mounting pad or frame.
- Prepare wall penetration.
- Install vibration isolators.
- Position equipment and secure according to specifications.
- Install condensate drain with a trap.
- Make electrical connections.
- Connect control devices.
- Install filters.
- Place equipment in operation following manufacturer’s start-up procedures.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.