HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install air-handling unit: floor or pad mount.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Air-handling unit must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. When completed system is placed in operation, unit must operate quietly and must perform to specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Determine work site location.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Install foundation, mounting pad or frame.
- Install vibration isolators.
- Position equipment and secure according to specifications.
- Connect refrigerant lines.
- Make electrical connections.
- Make duct connections using flexible connectors.
- Install condensate drain with trap.
- Install condensate pump and electrical connection if required.
- Install filters.
- Check equipment for correct component function as permitted by job progress; make final performance checks when completed system is placed in operation.
- Install insulation on refrigeration lines.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.