HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install humidifier: powered-media type.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Humidifier must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Unit must operate quietly and must respond to control signal. It must not leak or overflow. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate and prepare duct openings as required by type of mounting specified.
- Mount humidifier according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Make electrical connections to humidifier unit.
- Connect low-voltage wires from humidistat.
- Make water supply connection to water inlet.
- Install overflow and drain with trap.
- Inspect installation, media element and fan for correct alignment.
- Start unit and check operation.
- Adjust water level or flow control.
- Ensure smooth fan operation.
- Ensure response to humidistat’s signal.
12. If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
13. Make final inspection of work.
14, Leave equipment in required operating status; advise customer of required information.
15. Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
16. Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.