HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install humidifier: power-spray type.
Training for this procedure can be found in these courses:
205 – High Efficiency Ventilation and 241 – Intro to Cooling Systems
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Humidifier must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Unit must operate quietly and must respond to control signal. It must not leak or overflow. Unit must not operate without airflow in system. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Determine work site location.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Prepare opening in supply duct or plenum.
- Mount and seal humidifier according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Make electrical connections to humidifier unit.
- Connect low-voltage wires from humidistat.
- Make water supply connection to water inlet.
- Inspect installation. (Note: Verify that unit will not operate unless air-handling system is operating at normal airflow).
- Start unit and check operation.
- Adjust water level or flow control.
- Ensure response to humidistat’s signal.
- Ensure correct operation according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.