HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install humidifier: steam-generator type.
Training for this procedure can be found in these courses:
205 – High Efficiency Ventilation and 241 – Intro to Cooling Systems
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Humidifier must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Unit must operate quietly and must respond to control signal. Unit must not operate without airflow in system. It must not leak or overflow. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Prepare openings in hot-air plenum or supply duct according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Mount humidifier on or adjacent to equipment as specified.
- Install spray bar in duct or plenum.
- Install connecting hose between humidifier and spray bar.
- Make water supply connection to water inlet.
- Install overflow and drain with trap.
- Make electrical connections.
- Connect low-voltage wires from humidistat.
- Inspect installation. (Note: Verify that unit will not operate unless air-handling system is operating at normal airflow).
- Start unit and check operation.
- Adjust water level or flow control.
- Ensure response to humidistat’s signal.
- Check unit overheat safety switches if applicable.
- Ensure correct operation according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.