HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install humidifier: self-contained through wall or ducted
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Humidifier must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Unit must operate quietly and respond to control signal; it must not leak or overflow. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of installation.
- Mounted through wall with distribution registers on unit, or
- Situated in separate location and ducted to register mounted in wall.
- Prepare applicable wall openings.
- Install equipment in wall or separate location according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install wall register and manufacturer-recommended duct to humidifier, if applicable.
- Make electrical connections.
- Connect low-voltage wires from humidistat.
- Connect water supply to water inlet.
- Install overflow and drain.
- Inspect installation.
- Start unit and check operation.
- Adjust water level or flow control.
- Ensure response to humidistat’s signal.
- Ensure correct operation according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.