HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install ceiling-mounted air cleaner: filter media and electronic
Training for this procedure can be found in these courses:
205 – High Efficiency Ventilation and 123 – Air Distribution
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Air cleaner must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Air cleaner must operate quietly and must filter air to specific purity. Filter pressure drop must be within static-pressure capability of air-moving equipment. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine if existing ceiling will support weight of equipment; add reinforcements if required.
- Determine type and size of hangers required.
- Install hangers.
- Install vibration isolators if applicable.
- Hoist/lift unit into place.
- Make electrical connections.
- Install remote on/off switch if applicable.
- Start unit and check operation.
- Ensure that power supply indicators are operating correctly.
- Ensure that unit is operating smoothly with minimum noise and vibration.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.