HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install electronic air cleaner: return-grill mount.
Training for this procedure can be found in these courses:
205 – High Efficiency Ventilation and 123 – Air Distribution
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Air cleaner must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Filter must not energize without airflow in system. Equipment must filter air to specified purity. Applicable safety procedures must be followed
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Select air cleaner that fits return opening.
- Remove return grill.
- Position air cleaner in return opening according to specifications.
- Make electrical connections.
- Install automatic and manual control switches as specified.
- Start unit and verify that power supply indicators are on and equipment is operating as specified.
- Verify that filter element will not energize without system airflow.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.