HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install evaporator in existing system.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Evaporator must be securely installed in plenum according to manufacturer’s specifications. Coils must be pitched for condensate drainage and plenum must be equipped with condensate drain pain. When completed system is placed in operation, evaporator must perform according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type and dimensions of evaporator to be installed.
- Modify existing plenum to fit evaporator according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install evaporator and condensate drain pan in the plenum.
- Install expansion valve.
- Prepare openings and connect refrigeration tubing.
- Position expansion valve temperature-sensing bulb according to specifications.
- Install equalizer line according to specifications if applicable.
- Install condensate drain with a trap.
- Install insulation on refrigerant lines.
- Install insulation on plenum.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
- Check performance of evaporator when system is placed in operation.