HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install booster fan.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Booster fan must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Fan must operate quietly and must reestablish required airflow in duct. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine fan-mounting requirements and modify duct.
- Install fan according to specifications.
- Make electrical connections:
- Install and connect separate fan switch, or
- Connect fan in parallel with existing air-handling unit fan.
- Start system.
- Measure airflow in duct.
- Ensure that fan operates quietly according to specifications.
- Recheck installation procedures, determine problem and correct if system does not start.
- If required airflow is not established:
- Adjust fan speed if possible.
- Rebalance system.
- Or, install larger unit.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.