HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install oil furnace.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Oil furnace must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Oil furnace must perform quietly and to specifications, and all safety devices must function correctly. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of furnace, mounting position and mounting requirements.
- Determine furnace capacity, fuel-oil grade and required fuel-oil pressure and flow.
- Prepare mounting for furnace.
- Install vibration isolator if applicable.
- Position and secure furnace according to specifications.
- Make duct connections using flexible connectors.
- Install oil tank and piping.
- Install required shut-off and safety valves and oil filter.
- Make oil connection to burner.
- Install flue pipe and barometric draft.
- Make electrical connections.
- Connect low voltage controls.
- Turn on electrical power and test operation of electrical components.
- Check operation of control system and safety devices.
- Turn on oil, bleed air from system and check for leaks.
- Place system in operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean