HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install heat pump.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Heat pump must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Heat pump must perform quietly and to specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of heat pump:
- Determine type of mounting:
- Prepare structure openings.
- Install foundation, mounting frame, hangers and roof curb as required.
- Install equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Make duct connections.
- Make electrical connections.
- Make control connections.
- Install filters.
- Place system in operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.