HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install oil tank.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Oil tank must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. The tank must not leak and must be accessible for fill and drainage. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Determine type of installation:
- Above ground.
- Below ground.
- (Note: Interior installation may be prohibited by codes).
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Excavate site if required.
- Provide foundation or support piers.
- Place and position tank.
- Connect oil lines and install fill and vent pipes.
- Test tank and lines for leaks.
- Secure and backfill as required.
- Finish site at excavation.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.