HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install OSHA protective guards on equipment
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Protective devices and guards must be installed on equipment in compliance with OSHA regulations. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
Review OSHA regulations that pertain to equipment.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Review job specifications for violations of OSHA-specified equipment clearances, access passages, access ladders, guard rails, etc.
- Examine manufacturer’s specifications and equipment for deviations form OSHA-specified safety and protective devices and guards.
- Make necessary modifications to bring equipment into compliance with OSHA standards.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.