HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install cooling tower.
Training for this procedure can be found in this course: 203 – Cooling Towers – High Efficiency HVAC System Maintenance
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Cooling tower must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Cooling tower must operate according to specifications with minimum noise and vibration. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of installation (roof or ground).
- Determine mounting dimensions and operating weight of equipment.
- Install mounting frame or foundation. (Note: Install reinforcing in existing structure if required for roof-mount units).
- Install equipment anchors.
- Install vibration isolators.
- Position and secure equipment according to specifications.
- Connect make-up water supply.
- Make condenser water connections.
- Install drain and overflow.
- Make electrical connections.
- Connect control switches.
- Connect pan heater and thermostat if applicable.
- Fill system with water.
- Start equipment and check operation.
- Adjust water distribution system and check system for leaks.
- Install pipe insulation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.