HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install condensate pump
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Condensate pump must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Pump must discharge all condensate leaving air conditioning evaporator to drain. Pump discharge must connect to open drain or suitable drainage area. Discharge must not connect directly to closed drain. Pump must not operate with excessive noise and vibration. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate condensate pump convenient to evaporator and secure according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Connect evaporator drain-trap outlet to pump tank.
- Install discharge pipe with check valve from tank outlet to drain. (Note: Pump discharge may be to open trap drain (floor drain) or suitable drainage area, but must not connect directly to a closed drain line).
- Make electrical connections.
- Add water to tank and adjust level switch.
- Start unit and check operation.
- Add water to tank.
- Verify that pump starts on level rise and stops on low level.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.