HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install outside air intake with screen
Training for this procedure can be found in these courses:
123 – Air Distribution and 205 – HVACR High Efficiency Ventilation
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Outside air intake must be installed according to job specifications. Outside air intake must be weatherproof and must deliver specified amount of fresh air to system. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify size and location of intake and intake duct.
- Prepare opening in return air duct.
- Prepare and frame opening in exterior surface.
- Install connection fitting in return air duct.
- Install balancing damper in intake duct.
- Install duct and intake fitting.
- Install grill or screen in intake according to specifications.
- Install weather hood or weather cap over intake on outside surface.
- Install flashing if applicable.
- Seal installation to make it weatherproof.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.