HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install powered damper with actuator.
Training for this procedure can be found in these courses:
103 – Basic Sheet Metal and 205 – HVACR High Efficiency Ventilation
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Damper must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Damper must be secure with minimum leakage in closed position. Damper blades must respond smoothly over full operator range. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify location, damper size and duct size.
- Determine damper mounting requirements from manufacturer’s specifications.
- Prepare duct for damper installation.
- Place and secure damper in duct.
- Install mounting brackets and mounting damper actuator according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Install operating linkage between damper and actuator.
- Make electrical connections to actuator.
- Test operation of actuator.
- Adjust linkage for desired damper positions.
- Replace insulation.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.