HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install flexible connector between metal duct and equipment
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Filter connector must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Connector must not leak and must prevent transmission of vibration from equipment to duct system. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Measure perimeter of duct where connector is to be installed.
- Cut connector strip long enough to encircle joint with lap.
- Adjust spacing at duct joint as required.
- Form connector around joint and attach to duct and equipment.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean