HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install flexible duct insulation.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Flexible duct insulation must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Insulation must be installed securely and must cover duct to be insulated. Applicable safety procedures must be followed. (Note: Damper regulators, flexible connectors, fire-damper access doors, etc. must not be covered with insulation)
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Measure duct and determine amount of insulation required.
- Cut insulation to required lengths.
- Wrap duct, secure insulation with overlap as recommended in manufacturer’s specifications, and tape.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.