HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install gas-furnace vent damper
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Vent damper made of code-approved materials must be installed according to furnace manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Vent damper must close off vent when furnace is not in operation. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine size of draft hood outlet.
- Select vent damper according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install damper on draft hood.
- Install vent pipe.
- Check equipment for correct component function as permitted by job progress and make final performance checks when completed system is placed in operation.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.